Wednesday, 11 October 2017

LinkedIn - Every person in this word is linked to other people. Think of family, a lover and friends. Social media acted as a catalyst for the world becoming smaller and to even more links between people all over the world. I thought that this theme might be suitable for a collections of poems for using in class. Students have to find their own way in this world by social interactions with different people. They have to find their own place in this world. Nowadays we can't imagine a world without social media, especially in the life of our students who have been raised with social media. The title of this collection is of course a reference to the LinkedIn website. Not really a site used by students in secondary education, but it makes clear what I wanted to say with these poems.

This portfolio is a collection of 30 poems suitable for using in class with H4/5 students. I have chosen the title 'LinkedIn' and I divided this 'umbrella theme' into five different categories: Family, Friendship, World, Love and  Social Media. For each category I searched for poems written by famous poets as well as unknown poems. It is a mix of poems written in many different styles and from different perspectives by poets with different backgrounds. Background information on the Internet about the poets can be found by using the link under each poem.

Five poems have been analyzed and for each of these poems some lesson ideas are given.

Gerdine Scherrenburg
studentnr: 2558424

No comments:

Post a Comment